Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Journal #5


One passage that stood out to me while reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes, was this..."Sometimes artists like to catch themselves looking out, let the world see them for once. It's a signature. This one is a very bold one. But this is also a witnessing. We want to remember, and we want to be remembered. That's' why we paint."

This quote popped out a me for many reasons. The most simple reason, is that I love to paint, so when the author mentioned painting, i took notice. The reasons mentioned why artists paint, is true too. You want to capture a beautiful moment or memory. And if you are the one capturing the memory, then you can't be in it, so that is why a signature is necessary.

Another reason I focused on this quote is that it mentioned being remembered. This spoke to me.
Who hasn't thought of being remembered after they die. It's a concern that everyone has at least once in their life. If I'm not going to be remembered, then why am I here?

This quote embodies everything about life, yet it's not explicitly saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment