Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Journal #3


While reading An Abundance of Katherines, one line that stood out to me was this..."Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back."

As I was reading, this quote was one that I could relate to my life. Also,when your reading, some people tend to skim or read quickly just to pick up key phrases and understand the main idea, but when I read, I do the opposite. I love to read and reread passages, especially if they make sense in real life. Some books don't think about connecting the story to its readers and when an author does this it stands out to me. 

This quote, at first glance, makes you think. Then once you reread it, you understand that a dumpee is someone who gets dumped ( if you didn't already know that). Then you think that to dump a book, you just close it and put it away, so technically it will wait forever. And lastly, my favorite part, is that when you read a book, it takes you in, mentally and emotionally, just like if it really loved you.

This quote is true in all aspects and it is definately my favorite from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment