Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

Journal #19


In the book Say What You Will, i think that I am most like the girl main character, Amy.

Event hough she is physically disabled, she has a mind that goes a mile a minute. She wonders about the little things in life that most people might not notice. She is kind and funny, but also serious and socially awkward (although that last one could be because of her disability).

I love this character, she makes me wonder who I would be if I was disabled. Would my personality stay the same, or would it ultimately change because of the different environment I would have to know? How would it feel to be able to think so profoundly and not express any of it when I wanted to; having to type everything out using basic vocabulary that misses the extent to which a word needs to be expressed? Would I feel trapped in my own body and grown to resent myself? I don't think that I would be able to do it. I commend Amy.

Amy is a strong character, one that could not be replaced with a "normal" girl. She is integral to the story line and I admire her courage and bravery.

No comments:

Post a Comment