Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

Journal #18


I have been reading a new book called Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern. Like all good stories it starts with a boy and a girl...emailing of course! But, the difference here being that the girl is physically handicapped and can not speak; and surprise, surprise, the boy is socially inept.

These two characters might seem like they have nothing in common on paper, but in this story, they a really the perfect match. I haven't gotten far in the story, but from what I can tell, this is going to be interesting.

It raises some social questions...like, can a girl who can't speak and and can't perform everyday actions easily or by herself be fit to engage in a relationship with a guy who is seemingly normal (besides the intense OCD of course).

I don't know what the right answer is...is there a right answer? But what I do know is that these characters seem so happy when they are together and I can't help but imagine that if this was in real life, it would be okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment